Monday, August 28, 2006

The New Cars

I haven't been able to write much lately - I try to stick to funny things, and I guess nothing seems funny. I thought I would finally break through... I had this terrific rant about the price of tickets to see The New Cars, but it turns out I was simply wrong. I'd say they're still a little high, but in line with the other tours going on this summer - they all cost too much. But it turns out that the $199 tickets I saw on the official website are a special deal that includes a "meet and greet" with the band. I'd shake your hand in the parking lot for free, but then I never put a single in the top 40.

The only other funny thing that has happened is embarrassing. I thought - I was certain - that the word "significant" was "signifiGant". I didn't really think that the 'g' was capitalized, but I wanted it to stand out. Generally, I spell pretty well. There are words I have trouble with, but I tend to know what they are (barrel, tomorrow...) and pay special attention to them. This I was just wrong about, and clueless too. I wouldn't even have pronounced it right. This should probably explain why I haven't "made it" as a writer, and should not expect to anytime soon.

In sports news - I'm still a Cubs fan, and the Cubs are really, really, really, really bad this year. I'm not sure why I still check scores. I've never claimed to be an optimist, and I've certainly never been accused of being one, but I guess that one little part of me must hold out hope.

No comments: