Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Practical Uses of the Pomegranate

I think that anybody caught imitating a Mike Myers character from the Austin Powers movies should be beaten with a pillow case full of ripe pomegranates. Its a joke, I would never imply that anybody should hit anybody else with anything I chose the pomegranate for several reasons:
  • It is the most ridiculous fruit I could think of. As far as I know, I have never seen a pomegranate face to face. I actually had a hard time finding the link for it because I misspelled it so badly.
  • When ripe, I would imagine it softens like most fruit does when it ripens.
  • A pillow case full of ripe fruit shouldn't severely wound anybody Its a joke, I would never imply that anybody should hit anybody else with anything, merely teach them that going about saying "ghet in mah bhellly" is not only unfunny, but they could face corporal punishment. Quoting Monty Python and the Holy Grail is still funny. I don't know why, but as a software guy I would be terrified to ever imply that it wasn't funny.

I think Mike Myers is funny. I think most of his movies are funny on one level or another. I actually thought Austin Powers was funny. But I don't think I can stand to hear those characters imitated one more time.

I know what you're thinking... "Bill, I have a pillow case, but where can I obtain pomegranates?" Well Its a joke, I would never imply that anybody should hit anybody else with anything it turns out that the pomegranate was first grown in California in 1769 (and even then people bitched about the traffic in L.A.), so I would imagine you can buy them somewhere. I'd try a supermarket or other place where ridiculous Mediterranean fruits are grown.

So now your thinking, "Bill what if I'm in a fashionable New York restaurant and see somebody doing 'Its a maaannn, baabby' and it is actually Mike Myers?" Well, I would say Its a joke, I would never imply that anybody should hit anybody else with anything that while Mr. Myers did actually play the characters in the movies, he is not to be excluded.

No comments: