Sunday, June 11, 2006

Thoughts on The Muppet Movie

Since I have a three year old son, from time to time I re-watch The Muppet Movie . Ok, I would still watch this movie once a year on my own. It is a good movie, with a lot of adult humor in that you didn't get when you were a kid.

I still think one of the funniest lines ever is Rowlf the Dog explaining to Kermit "I finish work, go home, read a book, have a couple of beers, take myself for a walk and go to bed". You could never say that in a movie these days a get a "G" rating. Things are just different now, and I think people would be more sensitive about mentioning beer in a children's movie.

However, I don't think that it matters. I doubt this ever encouraged any other puppet dogs dogs to drink beer. Probably not any real dogs either.

No comments: