Thursday, February 26, 2009

Drive-By Truckers: Brighter Than Creation's Dark

I've enjoyed Drive-By Truckers since around 2004, when a friend turned me on to their Southern Rock Opera album (which was already a couple of years old).


Brighter Than Creation's Dark isn't new, its about a year and a half old at this point.  I got it for Christmas but didn't immediately listen to it... I just wasn't in that mode.  Their Austin City Limits performance reminded me that I needed to pull it out and listen to it - but I didn't right away.  This is because I only have it on my iPod, and my headphones at work are plugged into the back of my computer and hard to get to, and THERE IS NO WAY TO COPY MUSIC FROM AND IPOD TO A COMPUTER THAT IT ISN'T SYNCHED TO THAT I AM AWARE OF.

One day this week I was upset on the way to work and felt that the best way to handle it was to shut my mouth, so that's what I did... and I listened to Brighter Than Creation's Dark on my iPod.  I haven't been able to stop listening to this album since.  I think its brilliant.

Here are some tracks from Brigher Than Creation's Dark.  These are live, and I think it is legal for me to put them up here like this.  I hope so, I'm trying to help not hurt.  If you enjoy these tracks, please support the band by picking up the album.


SeeqPod - Playable Search

The Cubs won their first spring training game today, which means absolutely nothing, but I hope they are good this year.

Please leave a comment if you liked this, or hated it, or you know how to get music from an iPod to a computer that it wasn't synched with, or what happened to Blogger's spell checker.

No comments: